Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Celibacy 7 Whole Days

This first week was a cake walk for the most part. I mean most people can at least go a week without sex. I had my moments of temptation, but I was able to overcome by working out and staying busy.  I am learning alot about myself and others participating in the challenge. Im focused and feeling extremely motivated about the weeks ahead.
Anonymous 1
Day 3
Wednesday was not bad, I was too busy to think about sex anyway
Day 4 there was no temptation today but then again I was too tired to do anything, anyway.
Day 5 This was by far the hardest day yet. I almost cracked under pressure but I kept myself busy and I got through it
Day 6 I kept my self busy and focused on other things today. I can really feel the urge for sex starting to build. I have my routine worked out so I can focus on the challenge.
Day 7 Today was a challenge. It took some discipline to get through today, but I got through it without cracking under pressure. I'm proud of myself
Anonymous 2

Day 4- All week I’ve been running around trying to get my long to do list completely and I was getting really overwhelmed. I think it took the wisdom of my co-worker to really get me to calm down and realize that I can and should take my time and not get stressed. I eventually relaxed my scheduled and took the time and had dinner with a friend and kind of catch up with my thoughts. I think I was so consumed with my business and getting my household in order that I did not realize that I hadn’t taken the time to really deal with thoughts and emotions for the challenge. Throughout the week I would have short, random and intense moments of frustration but quickly disregarded the thought and focused on the new. As I was driving home from dinner my thought process has shifted somewhat I think a lot of the anguish and concern for the 30 day challenge has settled and is now minimal. I can say now that I am proud to be taking part in the challenge and I have noticed that I feel more aligned spiritually.
Day 5- I went to work. Got off early. Found an amazing dress. Met up with a friend and went thrifting. Made an agreement with a friend following my 30 day challenge… Eat Dinner. Spoke with a friend while heading and reflected on the further gap developing spiritually in our friendship. Disappointed. Arrived Home. Took a shower. Went to bed super early- exhausted. Thoughts of any sexual need or want was minimal.
Day 6- Crazy, stupid and at times lovely.
Day 7- Emotional…. super emotional but needed. I woke up this morning super emotional a lot of things changed for me yesterday and today I dealt with the aftermath. Over the past 2 days God has answered a lot of questions and cleared out a lot of things that were troubling me. It’s crazy. What started as a low morning ended with a moment of grace. I think challenges like this allow you to faithfully hand over an aspect of your life with no idea or expectation of what you’ll get back in return. I can say that just within the last week that my life has shifted around more than it has in the last year. My way of thinking about the direction of my life as well as my relationships have all seemed to shift in one direction or the other. I’m going to end this entry with “God I get it.”
Anonymous 3

The week has been smooth thus far I've been keeping my routine of work, gym, and of course being a Father. Just keeping the perspective of preservation with this challenge has really opened up a new mindset seriously. It feels great man knowing that pressure isn't there to be a "MAN" from the standpoint of what most women think of us I'm looking forward to finishing this challenge strong and continuing even after wards!
Anonymous 4

No comments:

Post a Comment