Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Celibacy (The First 48)

 
To prepare for this challenge all participants including myself are required to exercise daily, choose a novel to read and incorporate a project that each person wants to complete by the 30 day deadline.
 
Let's check out how everyone is doing thus far fighting the sexual temptations in the.............
FIRST 48
 
 
First day was easy I worked 12 hrs so I wasn't even thinking about it...I was tired as hell. I know it will get harder tho especially for me cause she hardly ever wear clothes when we at home....smdh lol
Mandell B.

Today was easy, there was no real temptation. I need to figure out a work out plan, because the ps3 will not get me through this alone. First day done on to the next one.

Day 2 was good too. The urge has not set in yet. There was a little temptation but not enough to distract me.
Cory S.

Day 1 was extremely easy, I had no temptation and I began my workout of 100 push-ups and 100 sit-ups. I'm preparing now for tougher days ahead.

Day 2 I did encounter some tempting thoughts today, but I was able to fight it off as I entered the gym and began transferring energy into my workout. I had another tempting thought while watching television and I realize even more now, how things we watch on television has such a impact and influence on our minds. So I will be paying attention to what I'm watching during this journey because sex sales and its everywhere!
Rashaan M.

Day 1 of the 30 day challenge was cool. The thought if slipping up really hasn't crossed my mind but I'm sure this will be a long journey.

Day 2
Now today is a whole different story. I'm like a kid whose mother says you cant do something and you wanna do it to be rebellious! Now today is my birthday and I cant even do nothing. No bday sex! WTH! My partner is cruel to even schedule this during my birthday. All these offers have come across my phone and I cant even respond. Smdh. Somebody is going to get it when these 30 days are up!!
James M.

Day 1 of the 30 day struggle...
I would like to first start of saying that I fully recognize that I need to change my mindset because I have an attitude. Although the larger part of my is happy to take on the challenge of being celibate for 30 days there is still a part of me that doesn't like the idea of giving up something that brings me joy and happiness. Part of the challenge we have been advised to read a book (still need to find a book), work on a personal project (need to figure that out too) and exercise. I did yoga today and definitely helped to center me and ease away most of my tension. I am sincerely interested in what this challenge will be bring about and what new I will learn about myself.

Day 2 has come and gone and I think my attitude has adjusted to indifferent. Today was a super busy day and my thoughts of the challenge were far less infrequent then they were yesterday. I had 2 friends tell me that they thought of me and my challenge throughout the evening, 1 considered taking on the challenge. I do think it's pretty cool that the dialogue has already begun and we are only on day 2. I think the rest of the week I should be okay as long as I keep busy. Um I need to still find a book to read and I have decided the relaunch of my Ebay store will be my special project. I ended the evening with a friend sending me a picture that was meant to throw me off my 30 day challenge (I'm not going to go into details of the picture) and although i found myself staring at the picture longer then I should have I remain strong and focused and ready for day 3
Whitney R.

I can honestly say I appreciate you bringing this challenge to the table sir as a man we always are faced with temptation from women on every front at the store, on our jobs, even at church I've always desired to implement this activity in my life being a single man now. These first 48 hours have been refreshing having a mindset that I'm keeping it clean and everything in between!
Deondrea B.







2 comments:

  1. I find it very interesting as woman read the first 48hrs. I am not the type of woman to deliberately tempt a man but the found myself wishing I knew all of you because I had the urge to throw temptation in your way because I can. That's something real for me to think about.

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol. I want to be a fly on the wall for day 31 in these households!lol

    ReplyDelete