Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Relax, Relate and Release (Day 31)

Throughout this experience of being celibate for 30 days really open my eyes on the value of sex. This was perhaps the most difficult challenge I have encountered mentally. I was able to keep my mind off sex by exercising, reading and keeping myself busy. I learned how to play chess and improved my ballroom skills on the dance floor. Despite all the activities I had in place, my craving for sex intensified halfway through the journey. I think it was the fact of knowing I couldn't have it or release even if I wanted too. Temptation was everywhere, so we all had to avoid things that were associated with sex: alcohol consumption, what we watch on television and what we read. I was able to get through my day, but it was at night when it was time to sleep that frustrated me the most. Remember we were not allowed to please ourselves, so getting comfortable without your hands in normal positions made it tough if you know what I mean. I became seriously irritated and found myself counting down the days for this challenge to be over. I come to the realization that men and women need each other and shouldn't be withholding sex to prove a point or as a substitute to avoid discussing issues or problems in a relationship. Sex is a connection, chemistry and pleasure between a man and woman. It is not a punishment and shouldn't be used to hurt one another. We must satisfy each other sexual needs no if, ands or buts about it. I'm pleased with the outcome of this challenge and would like to thank everyone who participated. Here are a few responses from those that actually participated and completed the challenge:

Anonymous 1 This challenge helped me with buckling down to get goals completed. I thought this would have driven me crazy, but surprisingly enough I got through it. I got to spend some quality with my wife that did not include sex. She is just glad it is now over

Anonymous 2 I have a summary for you Rashaan don't come up with no more shit like this! LOL

Anonymous 3
My apologies I didn't have no Internet I was changing providers but I want to give a good report sir. The past 2 to 4 weeks now has been very cleansing without the added pressure as mentioned before. I truly have a mentality of carrying this beyond 30 days I'm focusing on allowing this to become of a long-term lifestyle change. It has personally made me feel more purified on a spiritual level!
 
Anonymous 4
The journey was fulfilling as we increased our mental and physical restraint against the flesh. Disciplining our minds that sex isn't a priority, but a sacrifice of self-control. This was definitely and experience to remember, but so glad its over. Now I can relax, relate and release.
 
 
Peace!

No comments:

Post a Comment